This 4-hour King Crab Safari offers a unique experience of getting up close to the fascinating king crabs that inhabit the Northern Norwegian coast.
You will be picked up at your hotel for the transfer to the fjord near Kirkenes. The guide will take you by snowmobile sledge out on the fjord ice. On the ice, you will learn how to catch the King Crabs and even see how to prepare it. You can pose with the King Crabs for a photo before heading to a small and cozy restaurant.
The tour will end in a beautiful restaurant by the fjord, where you will get to eat the crab, served in the Norwegian way. The superb, white meat of the legs and claws is particularly juicy and has a natural sweet taste.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 20
- Departure: 09:30, 13:00 and 17:00 hrs from your hotel in Kirkenes
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 245,- per adult
- Child conditions 2017/2018: 50% discount (7-12 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 7
- Included: Transportation, guide, warm overall, helmet and king crab lunch
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 persons. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.