The Hardangerfjord is the second largest fjord in Norway, and famous for its fruit orchards. The contrast created by green hillsides, orchards in blossom and snow-clad mountains has inspired many, and among them the well known Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg with his famous composition «Spring». If travelling in May you will have the possibility to see the lovely blossoming of the fruit trees.
Itinerary: Travel by train to Voss and continue by bus through attractive farmland to the village of Ulvik, beautifully located by the Hardangerfjord. From Ulvik you will embark on a cruise across the Hardangerfjord to Eidfjord, where you will join a three-hour sightseeing tour, bringing you by coach up the valley of Måbødalen to Fossli with a magnificent view of the mighty Vøringsfossen Waterfall. Vøringsfossen in Måbødalen is Norway’s most famous waterfall, and has a fall of 182 metres, of which 145 metres is a direct drop. On the way back to Eidfjord you will stop for a short visit at Hardangervidda Nature Centre, where you can learn more about the area’s geology, glaciology, archeology, zoology and ornithology.
The tour continues in the afternoon with a 2,5 hour cruise on the Hardangerfjord to Norheimsund. The last part of the excursion goes by bus to Bergen, passing the impressive Steindalsfossen waterfall.
- Schedule from Bergen:
Train Bergen – Voss: 08:43 – 09:56 hrs
Bus Voss – Ulvik: 10:05 – 11:10 hrs
Express boat Ulvik – Eidfjord: 11:15 – 11:45 hrs
Sightseeing in Eidfjord: 11:50 – 14:20 hrs
Express boat Eidfjord – Norheimsund: 14:40-17:30 hrs
Bus Norheimsund – Bergen: 17:40 – 19:10 hrs
- Available: Daily from May 1 to September 29
- Departure: 08:43 hrs from Bergen
- Duration: Approximately 11 hours
- Guiding: No guiding, but some information will be provided through loudspeakers during the cruise
- Price 2017: EUR 195,- per adult
- Child conditions: EUR 99,- per child (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Transportation by train, bus, boat and guided sightseeing in Eidfjord
- Please note: This is a non-escorted excursion