Join a dog sledding tour in the mild winter night. The experience can be magical, with the Northern Lights dancing through the sky or the moon shimmering on you.
Guided by headlamps and the dog’s nose you will go up into the mountains, where if you are lucky the Northern Lights will dance through the sky.
Get comfortable on the sledge covered with warm reindeer skins and enjoy being driven by an expert guide. It is unfortunately not possible to drive your own team of huskies on the Northern Lights tour.
After one hour of dog sledding you will return to the ranch where you will have the opportunity to visit the puppies and meet more of the 350 huskies that the camp has. Inside a traditional Sami Tent (lavvo) you will be served Stock fish prepared with tomato sauce (Bacalao) with coffee and cake for dessert.
- Available: Daily from November 01 to March 25 (except for December 24)
- Departure: 18:15 hrs from the Radisson Blu Hotel
- Duration: 4 hours, including 30 minutes transfer each way and approximately 1 hour dog-sledding
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 219,- per adult
- Child conditions 2017/2018: 50% discount (4-12 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Transport, warm clothes (overalls, boots) and dinner
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. .
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed (weather dependent; it must be dark and the sky must be clear). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.