Day 01: Arrival in Bergen
- Arrival in Bergen according to your own itinerary.
- Recommended attractions:
- Bryggen Wharf
- Fløibanen funicular
- Edvard Grieg’s home Troldhaugen
- The Fish and Flower market
- Old Bergen Open Air Museum
- Accommodation in Bergen.
- Possibility to upgrade to business class room in Hotel Category 1, for more information please see add-ons.
Day 02: Bergen–Flåm Railway–Balestrand (train/boat)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Bergen Railway form Bergen to Myrdal.
- Flåm Railway from Myrdal to Flåm.
- 3,5 hours at leisure in Flåm.
- Fjord cruise to Balestrand.
- Accommodation in Balestrand.
- Possibility to upgrade to fjord view room, for more information please see add-ons.
Day 03: Balestrand – Sognefjord – Bergen (boat)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Optional fjord & glacier excursion to Fjærland.
- Fjord cruise from Balestrand to Bergen.
- Accommodation in Bergen.
- * Possibility to upgrade to business class room in Hotel Category 1, for more information please see add-ons.
Day 04: Departure from Bergen
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Departure from Bergen according to your own itinerary.
Terms & Conditions
All bookings, changes, alternations and cancellations must be made in writing. All rates are quoted in euro (EUR) per person and include taxes and VAT. Authentic Scandinavia guarantees no changes in the prices of confirmed tours. A detailed list of all services included in the tour price will be specified under each tour (please see Price Details). Any extra expenses incurred by the client during the tour, for example use of telephone, hotel mini-bars, etc. must be paid directly by the client to the hotel or other provider of such services, prior to departure.
Amendments to confirmed reservations
Changes to confirmed tours will incur a EUR 50 amendment fee. This fee will apply to each amendment made for the tour.
Refunds and unused services
Travel arrangements cancelled or amended within 24 hours of your departure or once travel has commenced will not qualify for any refunds, nor can services be substituted for alternative arrangements. Unused services are non-refundable.
All cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com.
The date of the cancellation shall be when Authentic Scandinavia receives it in writing (our office hours are Monday-Friday 09:00 – 17:00 hrs, CET).
The following cancellation fees apply on Independent- and Escorted Tours:
Over 30 days prior to departure - Loss of full deposit
Between 30-15 days prior to departure - 50% of total payment
Between 14-0 days prior to departure - 100% of total payment
The following cancellation fees apply on tours including Hurtigruten & Göta Canal, and our Winter Tours:
Over 60 days prior to departure - Loss of full deposit
Between 60-42 days prior to departure - 30% of total payment
Between 41-28 days prior to departure - 60% of total payment
Between 27-0 days prior to departure - 100% of total payment
Passport, visas, customs, currency and health regulations
Every participant is responsible for providing his/her own travel documents (i.e. passport, visa, vaccination certificates etc). We recommend a careful examination of the customs/duty regulations and currency regulations for the respective destination(s). Please note that your passport details are required for all bookings including cruises (overnight cruises, as well as all cruises with Hurtigruten).
Authentic Scandinavia recommends that each customer has adequate travel insurance, also to include cancellation cover.
Authentic Scandinavia can not be held responsible for loss of luggage, or other personal possessions, for personal injury, accident or illness. In the event of personal injury, accident or illness, Authentic Scandinavia cannot be required to make any refunds should the tour be partially cancelled or cancelled.
Cancellation by Authentic Scandinavia
Due to reasons of higher power and reasons beyond our control, Authentic Scandinavia reserves the right to cancel the tour. Monies paid for services will be refunded, but Authentic Scandinavia will not be liable for any further claims.
Liability by Authentic Scandinavia
Authentic Scandinavia has the obligation to choose all services carefully, and to prepare the tour in the best way possible. In the unlikely event that services are not fully carried out due to an error through Authentic Scandinavia, we reserve the right to provide equivalent services in compensation. In this case, further damage claims will not be accepted. Subject to this settlement, in case a breach of contract is committed the direct liability of Authentic Scandinavia for immediate loss or injury to the client subsists, provided that the breach was not caused by Force Majeure or the behavior of the client or a tour participant, and that it is a question of the non-performance of a promised service or an alteration of services which has less value than the service agreed upon in the original agreement. The amount of this liability is restricted by the sum of the agreed cost of the tour.
Furthermore the providers of the various services are basically personally liable to the client, in case the services are not being carried out in a satisfying way or to their full extent, contrary to the expectations.
The liability of the individual coach, taxi, shipping and other transport companies contracted by Authentic Scandinavia for the purpose of organizing a tour, depends on the appropriate laws of the general conditions of business, on the contracts obligations and on common usage.
Any arising complaints must be directed to Authentic Scandinavia immediately and confirmed in writing. In case complaints cannot be solved on the spot, they have to be directed to Authentic Scandinavia in writing within 30 days after the termination of the tour. Later claims cannot be taken into consideration.
Some of our tour packages include activities such as dog sledding, and optional activities such as glacier walks, snowmobile safaris, ice fishing and similar. In this relation Authentic Scandinavia acts as an agent only for the activity providers, thus Authentic Scandinavia shall not under any circumstances be held liable for injury, damage, loss or accident caused by participation in or in connection with such activities.
By paying the deposit/final amount the customer has accepted the general terms and conditions listed in this document, as a part of the agreement between Authentic Scandinavia and the customer.
We ask for personal information in the booking request section. This information is necessary to ensure that we are able to make and confirm your booking. This information will not be used for any other purpose, and will not be shared with any other outside parties except for necessary information given to our suppliers involved in your reservation (hotels etc.).
The personal information will not be sold or shared, and your e-mail address will not be forwarded to outside parties.
Booking & Payment Procedure
All reservations will be on request; you will not receive an immediate online confirmation.
2) Confirmation of services
You will receive a confirmation by e-mail as soon as all services (hotels, trains etc.) included in the selected package tour are confirmed. The confirmation will be sent to you between 24- 48 hours after the reservation has been made (Monday-Friday).
Information about payment procedures will be sent to you by e-mail simultaneously with the confirmation of all services. We offer the following methods of payment:
- Secure online payment by credit card
- By credit card through our office terminal (credit card details must be sent by fax)
- Bank transfer
A deposit of EUR 100 per person is due within 10 days of receiving our confirmation. For package tours including Göta Canal and longer voyages with Hurtigruten, as well as for Escorted Coach Tours, Partly Escorted Tours and Winter Tours, a deposit of 10% of the total booking price is due within 10 days of receiving our confirmation. The deposit is non-refundable. By longer cruises with Hurtigruten we refer to cruises of 3 nights and more.
5) Additional add-ons
Once we have received your deposit you can book additional add-ons, including sightseeing, city cards etc. Further information will be sent in a separate e-mail as soon as we have received your deposit. Should any of the additional add-ons be essential for your to commit to the reservation, please kindly specify the required add-ons in the remarks field when submitting your reservation (step 3 in the booking process). Examples of such add-ons may be dog-sledding, overnight at ice hotel etc.
6) Final payment
Final payment is due 45 days prior to travel. For package tours including Hurtigruten and Göta Canal, as well as our Winter Tours, the final payment is due 65 days prior to travel.
7) Last minute bookings
Bookings made less than 45 days prior to travel must be paid in full as soon as you receive our written confirmation.
8) Failure to complete payment
Automatic cancellation of your booking will occur if payment has not been received by the specified date.
9) Travel Documents
The travel documents will be sent to you by e-mail after we have received your final payment. The documents will be sent no later than 2 weeks before the start of your tour.
About Independent Short Breaks
Our selection of short breaks offers the best of what the destination has to offer for the traveller with limited time. The short breaks are also excellent as extension tours to our longer tours, i.e. Hurtigruten cruises, Independent Rail Tours or Escorted Coach Tours.
Frequently asked questions about Independent Short Breaks
Is this a guided tour and how large is the group?
All our independent short breaks are self guided tours, meaning that you will not travel as part of a group or with a guide. However, if booking an independent activity tour the activities will be in a group (i.e. dog-sledding, white water rafting etc).
Is airport- and hotel transfer included?
Airport- and hotel transfer is not included in the price. Please note however that it is very easy and convenient to get to and from the airport by public transport. Whenever possible we always include hotels that are located within short walking distance from the train station/ferry terminal/bus station/pier. In some cases this is not possible due to availability or the distance between i.e. the ferry terminal and the central train station. In these cases we include information in the travel documents on how you can find your way by public transport.
How will I find the way?
We will provide you with a detailed travel itinerary, including information on how to get from the airport to your hotel, from your hotel to the train station, ferry terminal etc. We also provide exact details on how to change from one transport to the other during your trip (from train to boat to bus etc.).
What are the possible travel dates for this tour?
The Independent Short Breaks can start any day of the week during the travel periods specified under “Price Details”. Several tours are available all year. To check availability please refer to the Availability Check for each tour.
What is included in the tour price?
For an overview of the services included in the tour price for each package tour please refer to “Price Details” for each tour.
Can I add additional hotel nights?
Extra nights can be added when submitting the tour reservation through our website. Extra nights before the start of the tour or after the end of the tour can also be added until the due date of the final payment by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that there will be an amendment fee of EUR 50,- for adding extra nights in the middle of the tour once the tour is confirmed. The amendment fee also applies if adding an extra night after you have received the travel documents.
Can I exclude hotel nights?
Should you wish to exclude any hotel overnights included in the tour we ask you kindly to specify this in the remarks field when submitting the reservation through our website (step 3 of the booking process). The price deducted from the package price equals the costs for an extra night (please see “Add-ons” for price details).
How will I receive my travel documents and tickets?
All travel documents will be sent by e-mail. Included in the travel documents are a detailed travel itinerary, an address list and travel vouchers. You will receive a travel voucher for each service included in the package tour. These vouchers are your proof of payment and must be presented during your trip. The travel vouchers for the train rides must be exchanged for the train tickets at the train station before boarding the train.
What happens if the train/boat/bus is delayed and I miss my connection?
Public transportation in Scandinavia is highly dependable. In case of close connections please rest assured that we have included departure times that correspond with the connecting transportation. However, we always recommend that you inform the driver/conductor of your connecting transport so that they can call to inform your connecting transport in case of delay. If you have booked a tour including a combination tour ticket (i.e. Norway in a Nutshell) please note that this is an independent, yet scheduled, excursion and the transportation always corresponds.
Can I get a senior discount on your tours?
We can unfortunately not offer any senior discount on the prices published on our website.
Can I get a discount on your tours with Scanrail/Eurail Pass?
We can unfortunately not offer any discount on the prices published on our website for Scanrail / Eurail Pass holders.
About the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
If you are outdoors one evening during wintertime you might catch a glimpse of some flickering curtains of lights, apparently dancing across the dark sky. This is Northern Lights - Nature's own firework.
Facts about Northern Lights:
- The Northern Lights are particles that are hurled into space after storms on the sun’s surface. They are attracted by the magnetic North Pole (and South Pole) and enter the atmosphere in a ring-like zone around the poles.
- The best places to see the Northern Lights are above the arctic circle, making Northern Scandinavia ideal for Northern Lights observations.
- The Northern Lights are visible between November and March when the sky is dark and clear, depending on the Northern Lights activity.
- The best chances of spotting the Northern Lights are away from the lights of the city centres.
- The greatest frequency is between 6 pm and 2 am.
- Patience and dedication will pay off. The Northern Lights may be visible for a couple of minutes or most of the evening.
- Most of the Northern Lights outbursts visible in Northern Scandinavia are green, but large outbursts can also include other colors.
- Northern Lights observations are never guaranteed.
How to increase your chances of experiencing the Northern Lights:
- Go on a Northern Lights visit to a dark place away from the city lights. Our Northern Lights hosts provide a lavvo (traditional Saami tent) with an open fire, a hot drink and a slice of cake while you are waiting for the Northern Lights to appear.
- Participate in an evening activity like dog sledding, a sleigh ride, a trip with reindeer and sled, snowshoeing or a cross-country skiing course. This way, you can enjoy a fun winter activity whilst at the same time wait for the Northern Lights to appear.
- When in Tromsø take bus 37 to Tromsø Museum and take a long stroll along Tromsø Island’s dark western side. Use a couple of hours strolling to the bus terminal at Giæverbukta, from where there are frequent departures to the city centre right up until 11:30pm.
- Hire cross-country skis at Sportshuset in Tromsø. Go on a long ski trip in the floodlit ski tracks above the city. Good exercise, fresh air, great views and maybe the appearance of the Northern Lights as well. There are also good floodlit ski tracks across the bridge in Tromsdalen.
- Go on the popular excursion, departing Tromsø by bus at 4pm and arriving in Skjervøy in time to return to Tromsø on the Costal Express Steamer (Hurtigruten). The ship travels through utter darkness and has excellent viewing lounges, which makes it possible to sit inside without missing out on the possibility to see the Northern Lights. It is possible to check the weather forecast and book this tour at the Visitors’ Centre right up until an hour before departure.