Enjoy a horseback ride through the magnificent scenery of the Lofoten Islands! You’ll be picked up at the port in Svolvær and taken to meet your Icelandic steeds at the Hov Horse Farm in Gimsøy on the Lofoten archipelago’s Atlantic coast. Once here, it’s time to saddle up, and experience the wonder of a sunset trot through the powdery white sand, over hillside and past exciting relics from the Viking Age. As an island, Gimsøy has the greatest concentration of ’saga’ relics and in Hov, these monuments are etched into the landscape. This is a fantastic way to experience the beauty of the Lofoten Islands; the gentle ambling gait for which the Icelandic horses’ are renowned makes this a horseback ride suitable for riders with all levels of experience. Icelandic horses are well-known for their good temperament and you’re sure to have a friend for life by the time your hack comes to an end. After dismounting and stretching your legs, you’re taken to Stamsund where your Hurtigruten ship is waiting for you.
- Available: Daily from January 1 to December 31
- Departure: 18:30 hrs in Svolvær
- Duration: Approximately 3,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 122,- per person
- Child conditions: 25% discount (5-15 years). This activity is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Maximum weight per participant 110kg. Children between the age of 5 to 15 can only participate with an adult. Children from 16 years old are allowed to ride alone. No horse riding experience necessary.