Ålesund is world-renowned for its beautiful Art Nouveau architecture. After a devastating fire in 1904 the town was rebuilt in the Continental building style then fashionable – a style distinguished by an excess of spires, towers and highly detailed ornamentation. Today you have the chance to become more acquainted with this beautiful town! On the pier you will be met by a local guide who will take you on a very pleasant walk through the streets of Ålesund. Along the way we will pass the picturesque fishing port of Brosundet, the special Apotekertorget square and the exciting and finely decorated main street, and we will visit the Art Nouveau Centre – all this, and more, to savor the entire town’s rich history and lively street life.
- Available: Daily from November 2 to June 1 (except for Dec 24-26, Jan 1, Apr 13-14, May 1 and 17)
- Departure: 12:30 hrs (Ålesund)
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 41,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Special conditions: This tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.