One of the most popular safaris in Rovaniemi combining nature, culture and the spirit of Christmas!
The day starts with a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm where you will hear more about reindeer husbandry and Lappish culture. You can take a reindeer ride and attend a special Lapp ceremony of crossing the Arctic Circle. In the afternoon, the trip continues by car to Santa Claus Village with time to do shopping and send postcards from Santa Claus’ main post office. During the day, you get to meet Santa Claus himself and enjoy a delicious lunch in a cosy restaurant. You will also get a Diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle.
- Available: Daily from December 01 to April 15 (except December 24)
- Departure: 10:00 hrs from the Lapland Safari office in the town centre
- Duration: 4 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018:
- December 01 – January 07: EUR 217 per person / 2 persons per snowmobile
- January 08 – February 04: EUR 209 per person / 2 persons per snowmobile
- February 05 – March 25: EUR 217 per person / 2 persons per snowmobile
- March 26 – April 15: EUR 182 per person / 2 persons per snowmobile
- Additional cost single driver: EUR 45 per person / 1 person per snowmobile
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-14 years) from December 1 to January 7; 50% discount (4-14 years) from January 8 to April 15. The discount entitles children to sit in a sled pulled by the snowmobile of the guide. Children over 140cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price. Children under the age of 4 are free of charge, however, children under 2 years are not recommended to take part on snowmobile safaris.
- Included: Thermal clothing, helmet, guide, lunch, diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle
- Please note:
- Special conditions: A valid driving license is required to be allowed to drive a snowmobile.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions. Due to the track/weather conditions in December, for safety reasons transfers to and from farms may be done by car.