Enjoy a dog sledding tour with your own team of huskies just outside Rovaniemi.
A short transfer by bus will bring you to the husky ranch where you will be given some instructions on how to steer the dog sled. Then you are good to go onto your 10km long safari into the nature around Rovaniemi. You will be driving in pairs, one person steering the sled, the other one being the passenger. If you like, you can swap halfway. Once you return to the husky ranch, a hot berry juice will be served around an open fire, and the head musher will be happy to talk about the dogs and answer any of your questions.
- Available: Every day from December 01 to April 15
- Departure: 09:15 or 13:15 hrs from the Lapland Safari office in the town centre
(Note: The afternoon departure is not available on Sundays)
- Duration: 2,5 hours (including 15 min. transfers each way and approx. 75 min. dog sledding)* Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018:
- December 01 – January 07: EUR 172 per adult / EUR 129 per child
- January 08 – February 04: EUR 167 per adult / EUR 125 per child
- February 05 – March 25: EUR 172 per adult / EUR 129 per child
- March 26 – April 15: EUR 152 per adult / EUR 114 per child
- Child conditions (4-14 years):
- Children will usually sit in the sled driven by the guide.
- This safari is not recommended for children under the age of 4.
- Included: Thermal clothing, transfers, guide, hot beverages
- Please note:
- Special conditions: A minimum 2 participants required. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.