Experience some of Norway’s most beautiful fjord scenery, in just one day. Included are the scenic Bergen Railway, the breathtaking Flåm Railway, the Aurlandsfjord, the narrow Nærøyfjord (now included on UNESCO’s World Heritage List) and the steep hairpin bends of Stalheimskleiva.
Itinerary: Travel by train from Bergen to Voss, before continuing by bus to Gudvangen. On the way you will ascend the Stalheimskleiva road, with its 13 steep hairpin bends. From Gudvangen continue to Flåm by boat on the Nærøyfjord, the narrowest fjord channel in Europe and part of UNESCO’s list of world heritage sites. Since 2016 a new, eco-friendly vessel operates on the Nærøyfjord. The new boat cruises between Gudvangen and Flåm in 1,5 hours. Parts of the journey will be at high speed, before it switches to battery power when you reach the most scenic parts of the fjord and allows you to enjoy the scenery to the fullest. The ferry design is inspired by a trail finding its way up a steep mountainside. It measures 40 meters in length and 15 meters in width. Outside the ferry, passengers will be able to climb all over the boat while the inside will feature panoramic views. In Flåm you will board the Flåm Railway, which passes through wild and beautiful mountain scenery with waterfalls and steep mountain sides from the Sognefjord and up to a height of 900 metres. There is no other adhesion railway in the world running on normal tracks that is so steep over a long distance. Return to Bergen by train from Myrdal.
- Schedule from Bergen:
Train Bergen – Voss: 08:43 – 09:56 hrs
Bus Voss – Gudvangen: 10:10 – 11:20 hrs
Boat Gudvangen – Flåm: 11:45 – 13:15 hrs
Flåm Railway: 14:50 – 15:46 hrs
Train Myrdal – Bergen: 15:52 – 17:57 hrs
- Available: Daily from May 1 to September 29 (except May 26 – June 6)
- Departure: 08:43 hrs from Bergen
- Duration: Approximately 9 hours
- Guiding: No guiding, but some information will be provided through loudspeakers during the cruise and the Flåm Railway
- Price 2017: EUR 195,- per adult
- Child conditions 2017: EUR 99,- per child (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Please note: This is a non-escorted excursion