Enjoy a dog sledding tour with your own team of huskies just outside Rovaniemi.
A short transfer by bus will bring you to the husky ranch where you will be given some instructions on how to steer the dog sled. Then you are good to go onto your 10km long safari into the nature around Rovaniemi. You will be driving in pairs, one person steering the sled, the other one being the passenger. If you like, you can swap halfway. Once you return to the husky ranch, a hot berry juice will be served around an open fire, and the head musher will be happy to talk about the dogs and answer any of your questions.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 15
- Departure: 09:15 or 13:15 hrs from the Lapland Safari office in the town centre
(Note: The afternoon departure is not available on Sundays)
- Duration: 2,5 hours (including 15 min. transfers each way and 75 min. dog sledding)
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017:
- EUR 163,- per adult from December 1 to January 8
- EUR 159,- per adult from January 9 to April 15
- Child conditions (4-14 years):
- EUR 122,- from December 1 to January 8
- EUR 119,- from January 9 to April 15
- Children will usually sit in the sled driven by the guide.
- This safari is not recommended for children under the age of 4.
- Included: Transportation, hot juice, warm clothing
- Please note:
- Special conditions: A minimum 2 participants required. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.