During this 2,5 hour fjord safari by RIB-boat, you will experience the Aurlandsfjord, the Nærøyfjord and the charming little village of Undredal. Both fjords are fjord arms of the 204 kilometer long and famous Sognefjord, and in 2005 the Nærøyfjord became part of UNESCO’s List of World Heritage.
The tour begins in Flåm and takes you deep into the Nærøyfjord. Along the way you will make stops where your local guide will explain about the rich wildlife of the area, the distinctive nature and the cultural history of the tiny little villages and local farms scattered along the fjord. The many waterfalls will be frozen; the fjord is calm, the water clear and the snow lies just like frosting on the high, steep mountains.
On the return from the Nærøyfjord you will make a stop to visit Undredal, idyllically situated on the shores of the fjord, surrounded by high mountains. In Undredal you will visit the local shop where you will be served some hot beverages and hear from one of the locals what life is really like living along the fjord. Here you will also have the opportunity to sample and buy the award winning local goat cheese.
- Available Daily except Sundays from November 1 to March 31 (except for Dec 24, 25, 26, 31 and Jan 1)
- Departure: 11:45 hrs from Flåm
- Duration: 2,5 hours
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 89,- per person
- Child conditions 2017/2018: EUR 62,- per child (4-14 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge (on parents’ lap)
- Included: Flotation suits, hats, gloves, goggles and pullover boots
- Please note:
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.