Welcome to one of the world’s best places to watch the aurora borealis! At the Aurora Sky Station, located in the spectacular Abisko National Park, there is no artificial light or sound that disturb.
The night visit starts with a beautiful chairlift ride up to the Aurora Sky Station. Your eyes will gradually get used to the completely dark skies and soon you will see more stars than ever before. A 4-course dinner, inspired by Nordic cuisine, will be served. After dinner your guide will explain more about aurora borealis and do a guided hike on the mountain. Later on you have the opportunity to continue to watch for auroras on your own.
- Available: Daily from November 17 to March 25 (except December 24)
- Departure: the chairlift runs from 18:00 hrs
- Duration: 7 hours (open from 18:00 to 01:00 hrs)
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 225,- per adult
- Child conditions: No child reduction
- Additional cost for New Year’s Eve: EUR 64,- per adult / EUR 34,- per child (6-15 years old)
- Included: Warm overall, return ticket by chair-lift, 4-course dinner and guided tour
- Please note: We recommend that you bring warm winter clothes
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Northern Lights observations are never guaranteed, sometimes it can be repeated several times during one evening and sometimes it simply stays away. Northern Lights observations are weather dependent; it needs to be clear sky in order to spot the Northern Lights.