Spend the night at the SnowHotel in Kemi – a unique Arctic experience!
The SnowHotel, together with the SnowRestaurant and SnowChapel, is part of the SnowCastle built each year in the city of Kemi, within walking distance from the central hotels and railway station. All rooms in the SnowHotel are completely made of snow and beautifully lighted and decorated. The suites are bigger and more lavishly decorated than the superior rooms. The temperature holds about -5 degrees Celsius, regardless of the temperature outside. The fresh air and comfortable beds with lambskin covers and warm sleeping bags designed for Arctic conditions, will ensure a good nights sleep.
The guests of the SnowHotel can sit about leisurely in the warm SnowCastle main building in the evening and if needed also at night-time. There are toilets, showers and locker rooms separately for men and women in the main building, which is open 24 hours. The café in the main building sells snacks and beverages. To complete this exotic overnight-experience, you have the chance to make reservations for a dinner at ice-tables in the SnowRestaurant (pre-booking required).
You can use the luggage room in the CastleLounge. We recommend that you take only the most necessary personal things / equipment with you into your room in the SnowHotel.
Breakfast is included and served in the SnowCastle Lounge in the main building from 07:00 to 09:00 hrs.
- Available: Daily from January 1 until April 9 2017
- Check in/out: Check in possible from 10 am but rooms first available at 9 pm. Check out before 9 am.
- Price 2017:
- Superior room: EUR 160,- per person in a double room / EUR 50,- single room supplement
- Suite: EUR 185,- per person in a double room / EUR 50,- single room supplement
- Child conditions: 40% discount (4-11 years). The SnowHotel is not suitable for children under the age of 4.
- Included: Overnight in the SnowHotel, breakfast in the warm restaurant, overnight guiding, hot drink and SnowCastle Diploma
- Please note:
- Clothing: Proper winter clothing is needed, also during the meal if you choose to book dinner in the SnowRestaurant. Recommended clothing for the overnight are a ski hat/cap, (woollen) socks and long (woollen) underwear. Instructions on sleeping in the SnowHotel will be given on site.
- Transfer: Transfer is not included to the SnowHotel. It is possible to walk (about 1,5 km) but in winter and with luggage, we recommend asking your hotel to book a taxi for you.