Join this recreational as well as educational 3,5 hour guided kayak trip on the fjord of Ulvik. The experienced guide will start the tour with providing some basic instructions on paddling and safety. Then you are ready to try your kayak on the fjord, and will start paddling to an island where you will learn to make fire, identify edible plants and, if weather conditions permit, help set up a makeshift shelter. You continue kayaking towards a peninsula where you go ashore. The guide will talk about the old days, how people used nature and introduce you to some local traditions. During the excursion you will be able to enjoy the stunning fjord landscape with mountains rising majestically towards the sky. The tour is suitable for both beginners and more advanced travellers.
- Available: Daily from May 1 to September 30
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from the B-Nature centre (Ulvik StrandHotel)
- Duration: Approximately 3,5 hours (whereof 2-2,5 hours on the water)
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 69,- per person
- Child conditions: EUR 48,- per child (5-12 years)
- Included: Guide, kayak (1 person per kayak), paddle, safety jacket, dry bag, bottle of water and hot beverage (coffee/tea)
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travellers participating. No special requirements are necessary to participate.