The evening excursion by bus will take you on a hunt for the magical Northern Lights.
The guide will find the best area to observe the Northern Lights and a good scenery for pictures. The hunt will go wherever needed to find a clear sky, even to the inner Troms if needed. Throughout the evening, the guide will provide you with exciting information about the Northern Lights, both science and folk tales.
The guide will show you how to adjust the camera settings for the best pictures of the Northern Lights and will take pictures of you and the Northern Lights (the pictures will be available for download in original size from Tromsø Friluftsenter’s Flickr account).
If the weather is good, a bonfire will be made and some marshmallow will be roasted.
- Available: Daily from September 15 to March 31 (except Dec 23-26 & 31 and Jan 1)
- Departure: 19:15 hrs from Scandic Ishavshotell in the city centre
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price: EUR 124,- per adult
- Child conditions: EUR 95,- per child (5-12 years). This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- Included: Transportation, English speaking guide, coffee/ tea, cake, marshmallows, use of tripod and access to your electronic picture posted on Flickr
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. The maximum number of persons per tour is 16.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed (weather dependent; it must be dark and the sky must be clear). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.