This evening’s excursion by bus will take you on a hunt for the magical Northern lights. With good local knowledge the guide will find the best area for the lights and good scenery for your pictures. The hunt will go wherever needed to find clear sky, even to inner Troms if necessary. During the evening your guide will provide interesting information about the Northern lights, both the science and the folklore. The guide will also show you how to adjust your camera settings for pictures of the northern lights, and will take pictures of you with the lights for you to take home to show your family and friends (the pictures will be available for download in original size from Tromsø Friluftsenter’s Flickr account).
For some extra fun in the snow they will also bring their “butt boards” (type of small toboggan)”, just in case you find some nice hills to sleigh down!
Depending on the evening’s route you might also visit the lavvo at Tromsø Friluftsenter’s basecamp and sit around the nice warm bonfire, and roast marshmallows.
- Available: Daily from September 15 to March 31 (except Dec 23-26 & 31 and Jan 1)
- Departure: 19:15 hrs from Scandic Ishavshotell in the city centre
- Duration: 5-6 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017: EUR 111,- per adult
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 124,- per adult
- Child conditions 2016/2017: 50% discount up to 12 years old
- Child conditions 2017/2018: EUR 95,- per child (5-12 years). This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- Included: Transportation, English speaking guide, coffee/ tea, cake, marshmallows, use of tripod and access to your electronic picture posted on Flickr
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. The maximum number of persons per tour is 16.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed (weather dependent; it must be dark and the sky must be clear). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.