You will be picked up in Tromsø and transferred to a harbour north on Kvaløya (the Whale Island). During the drive, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery while the guide tells you about the whales, Tromsø and tales from the area.
You will board a charming vessel that can accommodate up to 22 people. It has an outer deck which is easy to move around and a small indoor saloon if you want to warm up or enjoy a hot drink. Onboard you will meet the captain who will give you a short safety briefing, explaining everything about the safety onboard, the life rafts and the life jackets. This tour will be a safe and responsible whale watching, with the aim to never disturb the whales while feeding.
After this you will head to the open ocean to look for whales, explore the fjords by boat and enjoy the breath-taking scenery. The most common whale species are humpback whales and orcas, but there are also chances of seeing fin whales and possibly harbor porpoises and other species. Don’t forget to keep your eyes open for other wildlife such as white-tailed eagles and different seabirds, e.g. shags, guillemots, little auks, and the seals that sometimes can be seen resting on the cliffs. If lucky, even some fish might get caught. If so, a tasty and fresh fish soup will be prepared.
- Available: Daily from November 1 to January 10 (except Dec 23-26, 31 & Jan 1)
- Departure: 08:30 hrs from the Scandic Ishavshotel/City centre
- Duration: Approximately 5,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 149,- per adult
- Child conditions 2017/2018: EUR 95,- per child up to 12 years
- Included: Transportation, coffee / tea and cookies, English speaking guide
- Please note:
- Whale sightings: The whale watching tours take place in wild and unpredictable nature. Whale sightings cannot be guaranteed. No refund can be given if no whales are seen on the tour.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Special Conditions: In case of Force Majeure, a replacement boat will be used with similar capacity and atmosphere.