Spend your New Year`s Evening in a unique way at Camp Tamok!
You will be picked up at 17:00 and transferred from Tromsø by bus to the majestic Lyngen, where at 18:30 you will go on a 2,5 hours northern lights hunt. At the end of the excursion you will return to Camp Tamok for a special 3 course dinner and a New Year’s Eve celebration in a lavvu (sami tent). At midnight there will be firework just outside the camp and you will be able to cheer with sparkling wine. Next day breakfast will be served at 08:00 in the main lavvu and then you will go on a dog sledding excursion. You will drive in pairs, one driver and one passenger on each sled, with opportunity to switch places half way. This excursion will end at Camp Tamok. Afterwards you will return to the city centre of Tromsø at approximately 16:00.
For your overnight you can choose to stay in a shared lavvu, a shared cabin or in an Aurora chalet. Please inform us at the time of booking of your choice.
Sami lavvu tent: The lavvu has place for 12 guests. If you choose to sleep in the lavvu tent you will sleep in winter sleeping bags, on top of several reindeer skins. We recommend that you sleep in woolen underwear and a hat. There is also a fireplace which will keep you warm during the night.
Shared cabin: The cabin is heated with a wood stove and lighted with oil lamps. The cabin has four bedrooms and two lofts, sleeping up to 14 guests. Staying in the cabin can therefore be very social.
Aurora Chalet: The aurora chalet is the most private accommodation, with place for two guests. The cabins are rather small without electricity and water, but heated. One important detail, one of the roof sides of the chalets have a window placed in the direction of the Northern Lights. The bed is placed right under the window, which is the perfect angle for watching the lights.
- Available: December 31
- Departure: 17:00 hrs from Scandic Ishavshotel
- Duration: 23 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 649,- per person
- Child conditions: 50% discount for children (4-15 years). This activity is not suitable for children under the age of 7
- Included: Transportation, guide, outdoor winter clothing, boots, dog sledding, 3 course dinner and breakfast
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Camp Tamok is a wilderness camp with simple facilities. Toilets and showers are located in a separate building near the lavvu tents. A set menu is served at the main lavvu in the evening; please inform us in advance if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed (depending on solar activity and a clear sky). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.