Join a guided walk to the spectacular fishing village of Svinøya in Svolvær. The guide will tell you about local history and answer any questions that you have. In amongst the rorbuer (fishermen’s cabins) you can immerse yourself in the atmosphere, taste locally produced stockfish and visit the painter Gunnar Berg’s gallery. Svinøya is the oldest part of Svolvær and has been a thriving, vibrant fishing village since 1828. During your visit there, you’ll see a fish processing plant, iconic stockfish racks, art galleries and a fish restaurant, all surrounded by the majestic Lofoten mountains and sea.
- Available: Daily from September 1 to April 8
- Departure: 18:45 hrs (Svolvær)
- Duration: Approximately 1,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017 / 2018: EUR 58,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: A cod-tasting