Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Kirkenes. After a short drive to the husky farm located by the SnowHotel, you will meet your excited husky dog team and start by sealing them. Today’s tour is approximately 30 km long and leads you into the wilderness. You will follow some of the same tracks as the Finnmarksløpet, Norway’s famous dog race. There will be a short stop along the route for a small snack. Afterwards you will continue driving to the authentic wilderness camp which is situated in a remote place surrounded by untouched nature. When arriving at the camp, you will take care of your husky team, seal off the dogs and feed them. Fresh king crab will be served as dinner. After dinner you can enjoy the warm sauna before going to sleep in the cosy rooms at the camp.
The next day you will start by feeding your dogs early in the morning. Afterwards you will enjoy breakfast before you start the return journey. Upon arrival to the Kirkenes SnowHotel a lunch will be served in Gabba restaurant. Transfer after lunch to your hotel in Kirkenes.
- Available: Daily from January 5 to April 15
- Departure time: 12:00 hrs from your hotel in Kirkenes
- Price 2017: EUR 1854,- per person / 2 persons sharing 1 sledge
- Additional cost 2017:
- EUR 37,-per person, per way for pick up at Kirkenes Airport
- EUR 34,- per person, per way for pick up at the Hurtigruten pier
- Child conditions: This excursion is not suitable for children. All participants need to be at least 18 years old
- Included: transfers, winter clothing, guide, snack, dinner, overnight at the wilderness camp, breakfast and lunch
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. Good physical condition is necessary for participating in this excursion.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.