Explore the area of Hardangerfjord and the nearby towns with a bicycle. You start your tour from the bus station in Bergen where you take the bus to Norheimsund. In Norheimsund you take the boat to Utne where you are provided with a bicycle for the trip. You now have approximately seven hours at your disposal to explore the heart of Hardanger on the 25-kilometre long stretch between Utne and Herand. On the trip from Utne the road swings in towards Samlafjorden, leading you on to a lovely narrow and twisting road that winds through lush orchards and pretty farms. The road mostly runs along the edge of the water. We recommend you to make time for a short stay in Herand, which has been voted Norway’s finest village, with its well-preserved cultural landscape and its wonderful location. Here you can see rock carvings from the bronze age and walk on historical paths. From Herand quay the trip goes to Norheimsund and then back to Bergen by bus.
- Available: Daily from May 2 to August 31
- Departure: At 07:25 hrs from Bergen Bus station
- Duration: Approximately 11,5 hours
- Price 2017: EUR 106,- per person
- Child conditions: EUR 68,- per child (4-16 years). This tour is recommended for children above 10 years
- Included: Bus, boat round trip and bicycle rental