Vestmannaeyjar, or The Westman Islands, are truly a wonder of Nature. The youngest island of the Westman Islands is just over 40 years old while the oldest one is close to 40.000 years old! Only one of the islands is inhabited, and has about 4000 residents. Some say that the Westman Islands are one of the best kept secrets in Iceland!
In this tour you will take a bus (non-guided transfer) from your hotel in Reykjavik to Landeyjahöfn harbour and with a ferry to the Westman Islands. Upon arrival you will be greeted by a local guide who will take you for the tour around Heimaey island. During the drive around the island you will visit the puffin nesting area in Storhofdi and walk up to the crater of a volcano that erupted only a few decades ago as well as exploring the flora of the new lava field.
After a lunch break (lunch is not included) you will join a boat cruise where you will see many of the wonders of the Vestmannaeyjar nature: Colourful ocean caves, thousands of seabirds and, occasionally during the summer, groups of whales. On the return from the cruise you will enjoy instrumental music in the natural echo of the ocean cave Klettshellir.
In the late afternoon you will take the ferry back to the mainland from where the bus will take you back to your hotel in Reykjavík. The return transfer (ferry and bus) is non-guided.
- Available: From May 16 to September 14
- May 16 – May 31: on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- June 1 – September 14: on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Departure: 07:00 hrs from your hotel
- Duration: 14 hours
- Guiding: English speaking guide on the island (transfers are non-guided)
- Price: EUR 234,- per person
- Child conditions: 50% discount (7-15 years). Children under the age of 7 free of charge
- Included: Pick up/ drop off at your hotel, round trip transportation, local guide in the Westman Islands, entrance fee to Eldheimar volcano museum and boat tour around the Westman Islands
- Please note: A minimum of 3 passengers is required to operate the tour. If you are traveling 1 or 2 together and wish to book this tour, please contact us and check if we already have other guests registered on the same day