Sweden’s Ice Hotel is a very special place. Ice sculptors from all over the world helping in its construction, the Ice Hotel is an international masterpiece which must be seen to be believed.
The snowmobile tour first takes you on an exciting wilderness adventure through forest and marsh. You will eventually drive down onto the frozen ice of the Torne River and here on the river bank lies the famous Ice Hotel. You will be shown around on a 30 minutes long official guided tour. After the tour, you will have some time to look around by yourself before continuing by snowmobile. You will stop in a typical Lappish wooden hut for a sandwich and hot drink. Then it is time to head back towards Kiruna.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 10
- Departure: 09:30 hours from your hotel in Kiruna
- Duration: 4,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 155,- per adult /2 adults sharing 1 snowmobile
- Additional cost 2017/2018: EUR 44,- per adult / 1 adult per snowmobile (must be booked in advance)
- Child conditions 2017/2018: 50% reduction per child (3-12 years old). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 3.
- Included: There will be a surcharge of EUR 33,- per person for tours between December 24 2017 and January 6 2018. Transfer from Kiruna to the starting point of the excursion (approximately 20 minutes each way), 20-30 km snowmobile tour, entrance, guided tour at the Ice Hotel, sandwich and hot beverage.
- Please note:
- Special conditions: The driver needs to hold a valid driving licence. Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. The Ice Hotel (made of snow and ice) will open December 15. Before that, the tour will be a the Ice Hotel 365.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.