Sweden’s Ice Hotel is a very special place. Ice sculptors from all over the world helping in its construction, the Ice Hotel is an international masterpiece which must be seen to be believed.
The snowmobile tour first takes you on an exciting wilderness adventure through forest and marsh. You will eventually drive down onto the frozen ice of the Torne River and here on the river bank lies the famous Ice Hotel. You will be shown around on a 30 minutes long official guided tour. After the tour, you will have some time to look around by yourself before continuing by snowmobile. You will stop in a typical Lappish wooden hut for a sandwich and hot drink. Then it is time to head back towards Kiruna.
- Available: Daily from December 12 to April 12
- Departure: 10:00 hrs from Kiruna
- Duration: 4,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2015/2016: EUR 155,- per adult /2 adults sharing 1 snowmobile
- Additional cost 2015/2016: EUR 44,- per adult / 1 adult per snowmobile (must be booked in advance)
- Child conditions: EUR 78,- per child (up to 12 years old)
- Included: Transfer from Kiruna to the starting point of the excursion (approximately 20 minutes each way), 20-30 km snowmobile tour, entrance, guided tour at the Ice Hotel, sandwich and hot beverage.
- Please note:
- Special conditions: The driver needs to hold a valid driving licence. Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. There will be a surcharge of EUR 34,- per person (adult and child) for tours between December 24 2015 to January 06 2016.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.