Visit medieval Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, during a day trip from Helsinki.
Departure by boat from Helsinki to Tallinn in the morning for a full day tour. The first boat leaves Helsinki at 7:30, the next one at 10:30; the cruise takes 2 hours. Your return can either be at 16:30 or 19:30 except on Saturdays when the ship returns at 20:30 instead of 19:30.
From the ferry terminal in Tallinn, it is a 20-minute walk to the Old Town or a short ride by taxi. Tallinn is Northern Europe’s oldest capital and was one of the Hanseatic cities. It is historically divided in three parts, each of them worth exploring. Sights of interest include St Olav’s Church and Tower, Cathedral of Saint Marie the Virgin, St. Catherine’s Passage, Kadriorg Palace, the Rotamanni Quarter, Toompea Hill, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the Old Medieval Town which is listed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
- Available: Daily from January 1 to December 31
- Departure: At 7:30 hrs or 10:30 hrs from Helsinki, return from Tallinn at 16:30 hrs or 19:30 hrs or 20:30 (only on Saturdays) (arrival to Helsinki 2 hours after departure).
- Duration: up to 14 hours, depending on the chosen departure time
- Price 2017: EUR 40,- per person
- Included: Return cruise by Tallink Silja Star or Megastar ship