This tour takes you to unique sights of Iceland’s most spectacular lava tube caves and craters. You will enter through narrow cave entrances and find they reveal extraordinary scenery of colors and lava formations. These beautiful, natural phenomena were created when the surface lava hardened and the fluid lava continued to flow in tubes underneath.
You will also see natural stalactites and many different rock formations. The caves become wide and high and in many places the floor is quite even. However, the trip can become rather difficult so we recommend you bringing good walking shoes or hiking boots which are suitable for uneven lava surfaces.
Respect for nature and safety are the main concerns on this tour. There are no handrails, lights or any pre-installed tools in or around the caves and therefore it is important that visitors respect the guidelines given during the tour. This tour is suitable for all who can walk on uneven surfaces and at times, crawling on all fours to get through narrow places.
- Available: All year on Saturdays & Sundays
- Departure: 12:15 hrs from your hotel
- Duration: 3 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016: EUR 69,- per person
- Child conditions: 50% discount (10-11 years). This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 10
- Included: Bus transfers, caving gear (overall, helmet with light, mittens) and guidance