On this excursion you can visit the Norwegian Aquaculture Centre and get hands-on with the vibrant salmon fishing culture.
Norway is one of the world’s major exporters of fish and seafood. Every day, Norwegian seafood is enjoyed by approximately 37m people around the world. Norway’s fertile coast, with its cool and clear water, offers the optimum conditions for sustainable and responsible aquaculture. This excursion starts with a short bus tour of Brønnøysund before we cross the magnificent Brønnøysund Bridge and continue to Toft and the Norwegian Aquaculture Centre. Here you will learn about farming and the surrounding environment. Here you can meet the salmon, see what they eat and how they live. You can even take part in the feeding, and learn about modern farming. The interactive centre offers you the chance to try out an underwater camera, taste the salmon, and ask questions of the resident guides who will be with you every step of the way.
- Available: Daily from June 10 to September 9
- Departure: 15:45 hrs from Brønnøysund.
- Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 74,- per person
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Taste of salmon