Join this 2,5-hour dog sledding and discover the beautiful nature of Alta.
You will be picked up at your hotel and transferred the short distance to the dog farm. You will be provided with warm clothes before meeting your guides and dog team. After proper instruction for handling the sled, it’s time to head out for a ride! Usually, guests are placed in pairs on the sled, one to drive and one to ride (with a switch at the halfway point), but if you simply want to be a passenger, this can be arranged as well. Your 15km ride will take you into the forest outside of Alta and along the bank of the frozen Alta River. If you’re lucky, you might even catch sight of a moose or other wildlife along the way!
When you return to the farm, a hot drink will be served around the fire in the lavvo (a traditional Sami tent). The guide will answer questions and talk about racing dogs and life on the husky farm.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 30
- Departure: 10:00 hrs from Alta city centre (pick up from the Igloo Hotel upon request)
- Duration: 2,5 hrs
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017: EUR 140,- per adult / 2 persons per dog sled
- Child conditions: EUR 70,- per child up to 12 years.
- Included: Warm clothing, coffee/hot juice, cookies and transfers from/to Alta Center.
- Please note:
- Special conditions: The dog sledding tour is easy to medium physically demanding. Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent:All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.