Experience a hunt for the Northern lights on sea, escaping the lights of the city!
Hunting the northern lights from the ocean is an amazing experience; sailing away from the coastline of Reykjavik and seeing the aurora borealis out on the North-Atlantic ocean with beautiful mountains and the city lights in the background is something you won’t forget.
When the northern lights forecast looks good – but it is too windy to go out on sea – you will have the option to go out for a northern lights tour on a bus and also have a chance to join a bout tour on the next available date (regardless weather you have seen the lights on the bus or not). If you are not happy with this arrangement and do not wish to join the bus tour, you are entitled to a full refund – or you can join the boat tour at the next available date!
- Available: Daily from September 1 to April 15
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Departure: From Reykjavik Harbour at the following times:
October 1 – March 14: 21:00
March 15 – April 15: 22:00
- Price 2017: EUR 61,- per person
- Child conditions: 50% discount (7-15 years). Children under the age of 7 free of charge
- Included: Northern lights boat tour and warm overalls
- Please note:
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Northern Lights observations are never guaranteed, sometimes it can be repeated several times during one evening and sometimes it simply stays away. Northern Lights observations are weather dependent; it needs to be clear sky in order to spot the Northern Lights. The supplier reserves the right to cancel the activity if the chances of seeing the Northern Lights are slim to none. In these cases you have the option to reschedule the activity to the following day, or to receive a full refund.