This 3-hour excursion with private guide will take you to the The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts!
The Pushkin Museum is one of the biggest museums of world art in Russia, and the most important after the Hermitage in St. Petersburg. The Pushkin Museum fund includes more than half million works of art. The exposition of the Pushkin Museum includes today a vast collection of tinted plaster casts of famous ancient, medieval and Renaissance sculptures and a collection of original works of foreign artists, sculptors and graphics together with objects of decorative arts. Constantly altering its permanent display and regularly hosting temporary exhibitions, often including collections from abroad, each visit at the Pushkin Museum is unique.
The museum building was constructed under the project of the academician of architecture Roman Klein. The construction lasted from 1898 to 1912 in the very heart of Moscow – not far from the Kremlin. In the 17th century imperial stables were situated here. The museum opened for public on June 13, 1912. The present name was given to the museum in 1937 in connection with the anniversary of the great Russian poet.
The present area of the Pushkin Museum is 44.000 square meters, allowing the display of only approximately 30% of the collection at once. For everyone’s great pleasure this area will be expanded to 125.000 square meters during the next few years, in order to be able to show the entire collection of the Pushkin Museum.
- Available: Daily from January 2 to December 30 (on request basis, except for Mondays)
- Departure: 10:00 hrs. Other times on request. The guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel
- Duration: 3 hours including 20 minutes transfer by bus
- Languages: Guides are available in many different languages
- Price 2017:
- EUR 199,- per person if you are one person
- EUR 109,- per person if you are 2-3 persons
- EUR 69,- per person if you are 4-7 persons
- EUR 49,- per person if you are 8 persons or more
- Included: Entrance to Pushkin Museum
- Opening hours of the Pushkin Museum:
- Mondays: closed
- Tuesday – Sunday: 10:00 – 19:00