This 3-hour excursion with private guide will take you to the Tretyakov Art Gallery where you will discover the national treasury of Russian fine art!
A little more than one hundred years ago, on August 31, 1892, the well-known Moscow collector, merchant and industrialist Pavel Tretyakov offered to donate his unique picture gallery to Moscow city. It included 1 287 paintings, 518 drawings and 9 sculptures by Russian artists of the XVIII-XIX centuries and also 75 paintings, 8 drawings and 5 statuettes by West- European masters. This date has marked the foundation of the State Tretyakov Gallery. In the early XIX century the Tretyakov Gallery became one of the largest art museums not only in Russia but also in Europe. The Tretyakov Gallery collection now boasts more than 100 000 works of art.
You will get acquainted with medieval Russian art, applied art, paintings from 18th to 20th centuries, sculptures, graphic art. The collection of old Russian art in the Gallery is one of the most unique all over the world. The most precious part of this collection is made up of icons from 11th to 17th centuries, the oldest, pre-Mongol period in the history of Russian culture.
- Available: Daily from January 2 to December 30 (on request basis, except for Mondays)
- Departure: 10:00 hrs. Other times on request. The guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel.
- Duration: 3 hours including 20 minutes transfer
- Languages: Guides are available in many different languages.
- Price 2017:
- EUR 199,- per person if you are one person
- EUR 109,- per person if you are 2-3 persons
- EUR 60,- per person if you are 4-7 persons
- EUR 45,- per person if you are 8 persons or more.
- Included: Entrance to Tretyakov Art Gallery
- Opening hours of Tretyakov Art Gallery:
- Mondays & main public holidays : closed
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays: 10:00 – 18:00
- Thursdays and Fridays: 10:00 – 21:00