This 5-hour excursion with private guide will take you to Tsarskoye Selo & Catherine´s Palace where you will discover marvellous Russian wonders!
The Palace-and-Park ensemble of Tsarskoye Selo – a former country residence of the Russian emperors – is a fascinating monument of the world’s architectural and gardening arts of the 18th –19th centuries. Its three parks occupy 600 ha, where over 100 architectural constructions rise: from magnificent palaces and grand monuments to intimate pavilions and park sculptures.
The compositional center of the Tsarskoselsky ensemble is Catherine’s Palace, containing exquisite decorative objects, furniture, Russian and Western-European paintings, unique collections of porcelain, amber, arms, decorative bronze, sculptures etc. Nowadays, the collection of the museum Tsarskoye Selo numbers about 20,000 items.
The Tsarskoselsky Lyceum, an elite school established in Russia in the beginning of the 19th century for noble families off-springs which the great Russian poet A. Pushkin attended, is situated next to the Palace.
Nowadays, in Catherine’s Palace and in the park, the following exhibitions are open to the public:
- Alexander II and Tsarskoye Selo,
- Court carriages in Tsarskoye Selo,
- “Passions, weaknesses, delights…”, an erotic exhibition exposed in the Cold baths pavilion,
- “Recollections in the Alexander’s Palace”, exposed in the last and favorite residence of Nicholas II, architectural chef d’oeuvre designed by the architect G.Guarenghi in the 18th century. In its 12 halls, with authentic or partially reconstructed attire, artworks like paintings, graphics, decorative and applied art, costumes, personal belongings etc. are represented, related to the life of its crowned owners.
- Available: Daily from January 2 to December 30 (on request basis, except for Tuesdays)
- Departure: 11:15 hrs. Other times on request. The guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel
- Duration: 5 hours including 1,5 hour transfer by bus
- Languages: Guides are available in many different languages
- Price 2017:
- EUR 205,- per person if you are one person
- EUR 109,- per person if you are 2-3 persons
- EUR 75,- per person if you are 4-7 persons
- EUR 60,- per person if you are 8 persons or more
- Included: Entrances to Tsarskoye Selo and Catherine´s Palace
- Opening hours:
- Catherine’s Palace:
- Mondays: 12:00 – 16:00 and 18:00 – 20:00 hrs
- Tuesdays: closed
- Wednesdays – Sundays: 12:00 – 16:00 and 18:00 – 19:00 hrs
- Catherine’s Park:
- Daily from 7:00 – 21:00
- Catherine’s Palace: