This 5-hour excursion with private guide will take you to Peterhof, a jewel of the Russian art.
The world-famous palace, fountain and park ensemble of Peterhof is an outstanding landmark of Russian artistic culture of the 18-19th centuries. Founded in the very beginning of the 18th century by Emperor Peter the Great not far from his new northern capital Saint-Petersburg, Peterhof was intended to become the most splendid official royal summer residence. Credit for the creation of this true masterpiece should go to a great number of eminent architects, artists, and anonymous folk craftsmen.
After 1917, the Peterhof ensemble was taken into state custody and turned into architecture and art museum. Nowadays, due to the unforgettable beauty of its fountains, parks and palaces, Peterhof has become the most attractive suburban royal park and palace ensemble of Saint-Petersburg.
Its wonderful parks, 176 fountains of various forms and styles, four monumental cascading fountains (including the famous Samson), majestic palaces, numerous gilded statues of ancient gods and heroes, remarkable collections of sculpture, painting and works of the minor arts make Peterhof a veritable gem of art, often called “Capital of Fountains”, unique in the world.
- Available: Daily from January 2 to December 30 (on request basis)
- Departure: 09:00 hrs. Other times on request. The guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel.
- Duration: 5 hours including 2 hours transfer by bus
- Languages: Guides are available in many different languages
- Price 2017:
- EUR 215,- per person if you are one person
- EUR 120,- per person if you are 2-3 persons
- EUR 85,- per person if you are 4-7 persons
- EUR 60,- per person if you are 8 persons or more
- Included: Entrances to the Grand Palace and the Park
- Opening hours of Peterhof: All year: 9:00 – 20:00 hrs