This hop-on/hop-off sightseeing tour of Bergen gives you the opportunity to discover charming Bergen, called “The Gateway to the Fjords of Norway". Bergen is Norway’s second largest city but has small-town charm and atmosphere. While strolling around old streets and alleyways you will see small wooden houses, cobbled streets with stone steps in the steepest parts and flowers everywhere. Bergen is a lovely and surprising city to explore!
The hop-on/ hop-off sightseeing bus will take you to:
- Bryggen Wharf on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List since 1979;
- The picturesque and lively Fish and Flower Market, one of Norway’s most visited markets, where you will also find fruit, vegetables, handicrafts, and souvenirs;
- Bergen Aquarium, where you can discover typical creatures from the Norwegian coastline as well as seals, penguins, tropical fish and animals;
- Bergen Museum, where you will find the Natural History Collections and the Cultural History Collections in a building from the 19th century, surrounded by the botanical garden and the city’s arboretum;
- The Grieg Hall, host to cultural events, trade exhibitions, conference, receptions and even banquets;
- The Fløibanen funicular, which runs up to the top of the mountain of Fløyen in 5-6 minutes and takes you 320 meters above sea level. The ride itself is spectacular and from the top of the mountain you will get a perfect view of the city and its surroundings;
- St Mary’s Church, one of the most outstanding Romanesque churches in the country and the oldest building in Bergen;
- The open air museum Old Bergen Museum, which is a reconstructed town with approximately 50 wooden houses from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries where you will discover private homes, objects, shops and workshops that bring the city’s history over the generations to life;
- and many other places.
It is up to you to decide where you would like to hop-on and hop-off. Experience Bergen at your own pace.
- Available: Daily from May 1 to September 15
- Departure: 09:20 hrs (every 30 minutes) from the Tourist Information by the Fish & Flower Market
- Duration: approximately 45 minutes
- Guiding: Audio-guide in English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and Norwegian
- Price 2017: EUR 35,- per adult / EUR 85,- per family (2 adults + 2 children)
- Child conditions: EUR 30,- per child (0-15 years)
- Included: Ticket to Fløibanen Funicular
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Ticket for Hop-on / Hop-off bus tour is valid 24 hours after its validation