This super jeep tour gives you the chance to experience the Northern Lights in a more exclusive way. The tour is spiced with excitement and surprises, away from the city lights and into the barren landscape in the outskirts of Reykjavík where you will for the elusive Northern Lights. On a clear night and with a little luck you will see the lights swirl around the night sky – truly an amazing sight.
What is a super jeep? A Super Jeep/Super Truck is originally a standard truck/SUV or van that is modified according to strict regulations in Iceland. It is basically an especially equipped 4×4 vehicle with very large tires (36-46 inch or 95-120 cm tall) that is designed appositely to face Icelandic demanding terrains and unpredictable weather both in winter and summer.
- Available: Daily from October 1 to April 15
- Departure: 20:30-21:00 hrs from your hotel
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Guiding: English speaking driver guide
- Included: Pick up from your hotel in Reykjavik, guided super jeep tour and entrance to the Northern Lights Center in Reykjavik
- Price valid until April 15 2017: EUR 198,- per person
- Child conditions: 50% discount (0-11 years)
- If a Northern Lights evening coach excursion is already included in your tour and you wish to upgrade to this the super jeep tour instead, the price will be EUR 140,- per person. It is not possible to upgrade the Northern Lights chase included in an escorted coach tour.
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this addon as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Northern Lights observations are never guaranteed, sometimes it can be repeated several times during one evening and sometimes it simply stays away. Northern Lights observations are weather dependent; it needs to be clear sky in order to spot the Northern Lights. The supplier reserves the right to cancel the activity if the chances of seeing the Northern Lights are slim to none. In these cases you have the option to reschedule the activity to the following day, or to receive a full refund.