Embark on a RIB-boat to experience a fjord safari and discover the world heritage area Nærøyfjord and Aurlandsfjord. During this 1,5 hour excursion, the guide will tell you all about the fascinating natural- and cultural history of the area and spot for wildlife.
The boat will go out through the Aurlandsfjord, a 17 kilometer branch of the world’s second longest fjord Sognefjord. You will pass the characteristic mountain, Beitelen, which divides the Sognefjord into two branches. From Beitelen on, you will continue into the Nærøyfjord which was inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List in 2005. The fjord owes its name to the norse god ‘Njord’, who is the god of the seafarer and the sea. At the famous waterfall Sagfossen, you will have a beautiful view inward the dramatic Nærøyfjord and you will see the end of the fjord.
Please note down your preferred time under comments when booking
- Available: Daily from June 1 to August 31
- Departure: 10:00 and 15:00 hrs from Flåm
- Duration: Approximately 1,5 hours
- Price 2017: EUR 74,- per person
- Child conditions: EUR 51,- per child (4-14 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge (on parents’ lap)
- Included: Thermal suite, life west, goggles, hat and gloves