Handle and drive your own reindeer with a sled through the wintry pristine forests. Experience the traditional way of transporting during winter here in Sápmi.
Every guest will drive their own reindeer with a sled. You will be driving about 1,5-2 hours depending on weather conditions. Back in Sautosjohka reindeer camp all guests will help to take off the harnesses from the reindeer and lead them back to the enclosure. Enjoy a Sámi lunch which will be served in a traditional tipi-style tent. After lunch you will transfer back to Ice Hotel.
- Available 2018: From January 8 to April 12 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from the Ice Hotel
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2018: EUR 335,- per adult
- Child conditions:EUR 239,-per child (8-15 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 8
- Included: Transfer and a traditional Sámi lunch
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. The minimum age for driving your own reindeer sled is 16.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.