Enjoy a full day of dog sledding in the magnificent Spitsbergen nature!
The guide will meet you at the reception of the hotel and provide you with all the necessary equipment for the trip. Afterward a 10-minute transfer by car will take you to the Trappers’ station in Bolterdalen, where the dog yard is located. Here you will meet the 90 happy Alaskan huskies that eagerly wait to take you on a trip. You will learn the basis of dog sledding. You will help to harness your own dogs and prepare your dog team (every person will drive his/her own team of huskies).
The guide chooses the route depending on the weather and snow conditions. There are several options, such as Adventdalen, Endalen or Bolterdalen. From the dog sled you have the opportunity to enjoy the fantastic nature of Spitsbergen. Expedition lunch and hot drinks will be served outside along the route. Back at the dog yard you unharness your dogs and place them back at their houses. Back at the dog yard, we will go into the trappers’ hut and enjoy a cup of warm drink before returning to Longyearbyen.
Take always special consideration of the wind and the weather in Spitsbergen and take a bag with extra clothes for the cold days.
- Duration: 8 hours, including transfer and instructions.
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from hotel reception.
- Available: Daily from December to June
- Guiding: English guaranteed
- Price: EUR 260,- (Dec – Jan) / EUR 395,- (Feb – Jun)
- Included: Expedition lunch, return transfer, warm clothes including thermo overall, winter shoes, balaclava, hat and goggles.
- Please note: A normal good physical condition is necessary. Previous experience with dog sledding is not required.