Join a thrilling dog sledding excursion across the arctic winter landscape of Spitsbergen!
Previous experience with dog sledding is not needed. The guide will meet you at the reception of the hotel and provide you with all the necessary equipment for the trip. Afterward a 10-minute transfer by car will take you to the Trappers’ station in Bolterdalen, where the dog yard is located. Here you will meet the 90 happy Alaskan huskies that eagerly wait to take you on a trip. You will learn the basis of dog sledding. You will help to harness your own dogs and prepare your dog team. Two persons will share one dog team. The trip takes you 6 kilometres into Bolterdalen Valley, with possibility to see reindeer, ptarmigan and polar fox.
During the trip you have the opportunity to enjoy the surroundings and the silence of the arctic nature. After the dog sledding you will enjoy a cup of warm drink before returning to Longyearbyen.
- Duration: 4 hours, including transfer and instructions.
- Departure: 09:00 hrs / 16:00 hrs from hotel reception.
- Available: Daily from December to June
- Guiding: English guaranteed
- Price: EUR 145,-
- Child conditions: EUR 89,- for children under the age of 12
- Included: return transfer, warm clothes including thermo overall, winter shoes, balaclava, hat and goggles.