A guided tour in a Sami cultural environment. The Sami people want to strengthen the belief in the Sami community and protect the pure nature by creating respect and understanding of the nature. You will walk among reindeers, visit cots and learn about Sami traditions and habits. The guide will make coffee over the open fire in the cot and serve some dried reindeer meat. The tour takes about 1,5 hrs.
Note: If visiting Båtsuoj Sami Centre please note that you then need to disembark the train at Slagnäs. You will arrive here at 14:41 when arriving from the south with the Inland Railway (the train continues to Arvidsjaur where it arrives at 15:26 hrs). Båtsuoj Sami Centre will pick you up at the train station in Slagnäs and after your visit they will drive you to your hotel in Arvidsjaur.
- Available: Daily from June 15 to August 15
- Departure: Pick-up at Slagnäs train station upon arrival
- Duration: Approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 133,- per person including transport from Slagnäs to the Sami Centre and from the Sami Centre to Arvidsjaur
- Child conditions: 50% discount (6-12). Children under the age of 6 are free of charge